Learn how things fit together with these colorful stacking rings. The Lovevery Flexible Wooden Stacker is from the Babbler Kit for months 13 to 15.
From the Lovevery website:
Your toddler may be finding their voice and their special place in the world. This Play Kit offers new challenges in balance, object permanence, and spatial awareness, as well as an early introduction to physics.
- Learn fun lessons in cause and effect
- Build fine motor skills
- Get more comfortable with routines and time
- Explore rotation, spatial relationships, and parts of a whole
Number of pieces: 12 (base plus 11 rings)
Lovevery - Flexible Wooden Stacker
How to Introduce The Stacker:
- Deliberately take the first ring out of the base, examining it carefully to demonstrate to your toddler that there is a hole in the ring. You can look through it and slowly put your finger through.
- Set this first ring back in its place on the base.
- Slowly show your toddler how to remove one ring from the post.
- Then take off each subsequent ring one at a time and place it on the floor.*
- Try to give your toddler lots of uninterrupted time to work for as long as they like. When they are done playing, encourage your toddler to put everything back where it goes. If they have moved onto something else and you don’t want to interrupt their focus, you can put it away and show them next time.
- If your toddler starts throwing the rings, you can redirect them, saying something like “the rings aren’t for throwing. If you want to practice throwing, let’s get your soft ball.”
- A tip for storage is to take the rings off the stacker and leave them in a basket or small container on the shelf for next time. Sometimes things that are “undone” are more inviting for your toddler.